Friday, May 15, 2009

The pinnacle of human history

What is the greatest moment in human history? Landing on the moon, D-day, invention of printing, making and consequent use of Little Boy and Fat Man. I don't think so. All of those may be important days in human history but definitely not its culmination. I think it is the moment that human for the second time used a psychoactive drug (most probably weed). The first time was a jackpot hit, a vary lucky accident, bound to happen, important in its own right. Nevertheless, the second time is when the Homo sapien, consciously, said to himself or herself, "dude I want to get stoned, f*** with hunting and gathering", this is what I call a climax.

2 comments:

  1. OK...I can only think of 2 different situations the author came up with this hilarious, yet important, claim. I leave both of them to your imagination!
    However, I believe that the mentioned Homo Sapien has played an immensely important role in the coping of generations to come with stress and anxiety and for that he deserves a moment of silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not in the praise of psychoactive materials. What is important here is the conscious part of the action. It is different from all other of our primal actions...

    ReplyDelete